Molecule Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v1.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
"log_open" and "log_close" Commands on PyMol
This section provides a tutorial on how to open an log file to record all PyMol commands and re-run them on PyMol.
You can use "log_open" and "log_close" commands to open a log file to record all commands you entered through the PyMol interface.
You can re-run all commands in a log file by entering the log file with the "@*" command.
Here is what I did to open a log file, record some commands, and run the log file:
1. Open a new log file in the home directory:
2. Delete all objects and reset viewin parameters:
PyMOL>delete all PyMOL>reset
3. Load a molecule structure from the a SDF file:
PyMOL>load /Users/herong/Molecule-HY-001.sdf CmdLoad: loaded as "Molecule-HY-001".
4. Rotate the molecule -45 degrees about the z-axis:
PyMOL>rotate z, 45
5. Close the log file:
6. Run the log file. You see the molecule loaded and rotated.
Table of Contents