Setting Windows Explorer Context Menu
This section provides a tutorial example on how to set up Windows Explorer context menu for WinRAR.
WinRAR can be configured with a number of options in the Windows Explorer context menu.
There menu options provide you short cuts to different WinRAR functions.
Let's setup some of them and do some tests.
1. Run WinRAR and select menu Options > Settings. The "Settings" dialog box shows up.
2. Click the "Integration" tab and the "Context menu items" button. The "Context menu items"
dialog box shows up.
3. Make sure that the following options are checked:
- Extract files...
- Extract here
- Extract to <folder>
- Add to archive...
- Add to <archive name>
4. Click the OK button to close the "Context menu items" dialog box and
click the OK button again to close the "Settings" dialog box.
5. Exit WinRAR.
6. Run Start > Accessories > Windows Explorer.
7. Locate a directory name that you want to compress into a RAR file.
8. Right mouse click on the directory name. The context menu shows up.
You should see a number WinRAR menu items in the menu list.
9. Select the "Add to <folder>.rar" menu item. The selected directory
will be compressed into a RAR file. The new RAR file will be located
in the current directory.
10. Delete the compressed directory and keep the RAR file.
11. Locate the newly created RAR file and right mouse click on the RAR
12. Select the "Extract here" menu item. The compressed directory will be extract
out of the RAR file.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Microsoft Windows
Introduction to Windows Explorer
Introduction to Internet Explorer
"Paint" Program and Computer Graphics
GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program
JPEG Image File Format Quality and Size
GIF Image File Format and Transparent Background
"WinZip" - ZIP File Compression Tool
►"WinRAR" - RAR and ZIP File Compression Tool
What Is WinRAR?
Downloading and Installing WinRAR 3.42
Adding Files to a New RAR File
Extracting All Files from a RAR File
Setting Passwords in RAR Files
Creating Multi-Volume RAR Files
►Setting Windows Explorer Context Menu
Compressing Files with ZIP Format
Running WinRAR in a Command Line Window
FTP Server, Client and Commands
"FileZilla" - Free FTP Client and Server
Web Server Log Files and Analysis Tool - "Analog"
Spyware Adware Detection and Removal
IE Addon Program Listing and Removal
Vundo (VirtuMonde/VirtuMundo) - vtsts.dll Removal
Trojan and Malware "Puper" Description and Removal
VSToolbar (VSAdd-in.dll) - Description and Removal
Spybot - Spyware Blocker, Detection and Removal
Setting Up and Using Crossover Cable Network
Home Network Gateway - DSL Modem/Wireless Router
Windows Task Manager - The System Performance Tool
"tasklist" Command Line Tool to List Process Information
"msconfig" - System Configuration Tool
Configuring and Managing System Services
Windows Registry Key and Value Management Tools
Startup Programs Removal for Better System Performance
Winsock - Windows Sockets API
Java on Windows
Glossary of Terms
PDF Printing Version