Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing WinRAR 3.42
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install WinRAR 3.42.
1. Set your Web browser to http://www.rarlab.com/ home page.
2. Download an evaluation copy of WinRAR, wrar342.exe. The file size is about 1.1 MB.
3. Run wrar342.exe. It will guide you to finish the installation. Make sure to install it in c:\local\winrar directory.
4. Go to Start > Programs > WinRAR > WinRAR. The "Please register" dialog box shows up.
5. Click the "Close" button to return to normal WinRAR window.
If you see the current file directory tree shows up in WinRAR window, you know your installation is
done correctly. The WinRAR window looks like this:
Table of Contents