Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.61, by Dr. Herong Yang
Compressing Files with ZIP Format
This section provides a tutorial example on how to compress files with ZIP format using WinRAR.
WinRAR can be used to compress files into ZIP files. Here are the steps to test this.
1. Run WinRAR and navigate the directory where your files are located.
2. Select the files and/or directories that you want to add to a RAR file and select menu "Commands" > "Add files to archive". The "Archive name and parameters" dialog box shows up.
3. Select ZIP as the "Archive format" as shown in the following picture:
4. Enter c:\herong\temp.zip in "Archive name" field, and finish up the archiving process.
5. Exit WinRAR.
6. Run WinZip and open c:\herong\temp.zip. You should see the compressed files in WinZip window.
Table of Contents