Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Adding Files to a New RAR File
This section provides a tutorial example on how to add files to a new RAR file using WinRAR.
1. Run WinRAR and navigate the directory where your files are located.
2. Select the files and/or directories that you want to add to a RAR file and select menu "Commands" > "Add files to archive". The "Archive name and parameters" dialog box shows up.
3. Enter the file and location of the new RAR file, like c:\temp\test1.rar, in the "Archive name" field
and click the OK button as shown in the picture below:
4. The selected files and/or directories will be added to the RAR file.
5. Select menu File > Exit to close WinRAR.
6. Look at c:\temp\test1.rar. This is the RAR file that contains the selected files and/or directories
WinRAR seems to be more user-friendly than WinZip. It can takes files and directories together, and automatically adds sub-directories to the RAR file.
Table of Contents