PHP Script File Syntax
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on PHP script file syntax. Topics include what tags to use to include a PHP code segment in a script file; script file processing rules; how to split 1 statement in multiple lines, how to enter comments into PHP scripts.
PHP Script Source Code File Format
PHP Script Processing Rules
PHP Statement Delimiter and Comments
- PHP processing tags <?php ... ?> are used to include PHP code segments into PHP script files.
- All non-PHP text segments are converted into PHP print statements before PHP execution.
- All PHP code segments and converted print statements are merged into a single PHP code block for execution.
- Semicolon ";" are used as PHP statement delimiters.
- Comments can be entered in Perl, Java or C style into PHP code segments.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction and Installation of PHP 7.3
►PHP Script File Syntax
PHP Data Types and Data Literals
Variables, References, and Constants
Expressions, Operations and Type Conversions
Conditional Statements - "if" and "switch"
Loop Statements - "while", "for", and "do ... while"
Function Declaration, Arguments, and Return Values
Arrays - Ordered Maps
Introduction of Class and Object
Integrating PHP with Apache Web Server
Retrieving Information from HTTP Requests
Creating and Managing Sessions in PHP Scripts
Sending and Receiving Cookies in PHP Scripts
Controlling HTTP Response Header Lines in PHP Scripts
MySQL Server Connection and Access Functions
Functions to Manage Directories, Files and Images
SOAP Extension Function and Calling Web Services
SOAP Server Functions and Examples
Localization Overview of Web Applications
Using Non-ASCII Characters in HTML Documents
Using Non-ASCII Characters as PHP Script String Literals
Receiving Non-ASCII Characters from Input Forms
"mbstring" Extension and Non-ASCII Encoding Management
Managing Non-ASCII Character Strings with MySQL Servers
Configuring and Sending out Emails
Full Version in PDF/EPUB