About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - PHP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: PHP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang -
Contact by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version/Edition: 5.10, 2020
Number of pages: 333
This PHP tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written
by the author while he was learning PHP himself. It can be used as a
tutorial guide for beginners or a reference book for experienced
developers. Topics include PHP script syntax,
data types, variables, array, expressions, statements and functions;
integrating with HTTP Web servers;
accessing HTTP requests and controlling HTTP responses;
managing sessions, cookies, and file uploads/downloads;
accessing MySQL database server;
accessing files, directories, and ZIP archives;
processing image files;
using SOAP extension; managing non-ASCII characters;
using classes and objects;
using PHP on Windows, macOS and Linux;
executing external programs on operating system.
Updated in 2020 (Version 5.10) with ZIP archive tutorials.
PHP, CGI, CLI, class, cookie, database, directory, file, HTTP, Apache, image, MySQL, redirect, SOAP, Unicode, ZIP.
- This book is under © 2020 Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 5.10, 2020. Added ZIP archive tutorials.
- Version 5.00, 2019. Updated with PHP 7.
- Version 4.00, 2015. Added class, object and Apache tutorials.
- Version 3.00, 2009. Third edition.
- Version 2.00, 2007. Second edition.
- Version 1.00, 2003. First edition.
Web version: http://www.herongyang.com/PHP -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 2,241,750 times as of December 2018.
- 2,180,865 times as of December 2017.
- 2,119,742 times as of December 2016.
- 2,054,798 times as of December 2015.
- 1,916,316 times as of December 2014.
- 1,557,001 times as of December 2013.
- 1,368,846 times as of December 2012.
- 1,203,837 times as of December 2011.
- 1,017,118 times as of December 2010.
PDF/EPUB version: http://www.herongyang.com/PHP/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Introduction and Installation of PHP 7.3
PHP Script File Syntax
PHP Data Types and Data Literals
Variables, References, and Constants
Expressions, Operations and Type Conversions
Conditional Statements - "if" and "switch"
Loop Statements - "while", "for", and "do ... while"
Function Declaration, Arguments, and Return Values
Arrays - Ordered Maps
Interface with Operating System
Introduction of Class and Object
Integrating PHP with Apache Web Server
Retrieving Information from HTTP Requests
Creating and Managing Sessions in PHP Scripts
Sending and Receiving Cookies in PHP Scripts
Controlling HTTP Response Header Lines in PHP Scripts
Managing File Upload
MySQL Server Connection and Access Functions
Functions to Manage Directories, Files and Images
SOAP Extension Function and Calling Web Services
SOAP Server Functions and Examples
Localization Overview of Web Applications
Using Non-ASCII Characters in HTML Documents
Using Non-ASCII Characters as PHP Script String Literals
Receiving Non-ASCII Characters from Input Forms
"mbstring" Extension and Non-ASCII Encoding Management
Managing Non-ASCII Character Strings with MySQL Servers
Configuring and Sending out Emails
Image and Picture Processing
Managing ZIP Archive Files
Managing PHP Engine and Modules on macOS
Managing PHP Engine and Modules on CentOS
Full Version in PDF/EPUB