Publishing with XML - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v4.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Web Page Files Generation Steps
This section describes the steps required to generate Web page files from your book source file using hyPub.
The following steps are needed to generate Web page files from the book source files using hyPub:
1. Validating the book source files to make sure they are well formed XML files.
2. Merging multiple book source files into a single source file, if there a single book is stored in multiple source files.
3. Splitting the source file into multiple Web page files with one file per chapter and per section.
4. Transforming Web page files to include page layout and other formatting information.
5. Compiling Web page files to resolve variables and build hyper links.
6. Transforming Web page files to apply final touches.
Table of Contents