Requirements on Web Page Files
This section describes some general requirements on Web page files generated by hyPub.
If you want your book to be published on your Website, you need to present the book through a set of Web page files.
Here are some general requirements on those files that are supported by hyPub:
- One book will be presented in multiple Web pages, one page per chapter and per section.
- An index page will be presented as the first Web page of the book with the table of contents.
- Chapters and sections will be linked together with hyper links and the table of contents.
- Each Web page file should meet the XHTML format standard.
- The CSS file that contains the style properties must be assigned to all Web pages.
- Image files must be included, if they are needed in the book.
- Each Web page should be well formatted based the page layout, and CSS style properties.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Ideas on Publishing Books using XML
Overview of hyPub - A Simple XML Publishing Tool
Writing Book Contents in XHTML Source Files
Transforming Book Source Files with XSL Technology
Designing Web Page Layouts with Tables
Controlling Web Page Appearance with CSS
►Generating Web Pages with hyPub
►Requirements on Web Page Files
Web Page Files Generation Steps
Web Page Generation with hyPub Perl Programs
hyPub Sample Web Pages and Source Code
Formatting Printable Documents with XSL-FO
Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
Areas of Future Improvements
Full Version in PDF/ePUB