Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Deleting MyWay MySearch Registry Key
This section provides a tutorial example on how to delete the MySearch registry key after uninstalling MySearch toolbar.
In the Spybot preblem report, I also notice a registry key entry:
MyWay.MySearch: Global settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MySearch
By using regedit.exe, I am able to find out that the MySearch registry key contains one sub key with 13 registry values. Several of them point to the directory: C:\Program Files\MySearch, which does not exist any more because of my MySearch removal effort. So I just need to delete this MySearch registry key using Spybot.
1. Run Spybot and click "Check for problems".
2. In the problem list section, select "MyWay.MySearch".
3. Click the "Fix selected problems" button.
4. Spybot will fix the problem by deleting the "MySearch" registry key.
5. Click "Check for problem" again. "MyWay.MySearch" problem is gone.
Note, if you find "MySearch" spyware problem on your computer, you should try to uninstall MySearch toolbar first. See other sections of this book for more information.
Table of Contents