Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Saving Images in JPG/JPEG Format
This section provides a tutorial example on how to save an image in JPG/JPEG format with a quality level of 100%.
JPG (JPEG) image file format is the most commonly used format in Web pages, cameras and other digital devices. So I want to learn how to save images in JPG (JPEG) format with the GIMP-Red-Gradient-Spiral,xcf image as an example:
1. Click menu File > Open. The "Open Image" dialog box shows up.
2. Browse and select the GIMP-Red-Gradient-Spiral.xcf file mentioned in the previous section. The red gradient spiral image shows up.
3. Click menu File > Save As. The "Save Image" dialog box shows up.
4. Enter Name: GIMP_Red_Gradient_Spiral_100.jpg. Open the "Select File Type" list near the bottom of the dialog box and select the "JPEG image" option.
5. Click Save on the "Save Image" dialog box. The "Save as JPEG" dialog box shows up.
6. Change Quality to 100. This tells GIMP to maintain 100% quality of the image while doing the JPEG
Last update: 2008.
Table of Contents