PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Adding and Validating Domain Names
This section provides a tutorial example on how to add and validate the domain name a Web server to CAcert. This is required to obtain a server certificate for that Web server.
With my account created with CAcert.org, I am ready to get my free server certificate. Here is my first try:
1. Go to CAcert.org and "Password Login" to my account.
2. Click "Add" under the "Domains" menu.
The add domain name page shows up. To get a server certificate, the domain name of the server must be
provided to CAcert first.
3. Enter "herongyang.com" as the domain name and click "I own or am authorized to control this domain" button. The domain name verification page shows up.
4. Check the admin email address option and click "Probe" button. A validation message is delivered this email address.
5. Open the admin email box and click the validation link in the message. The domain name of the Web server is added to my CAcert account.
Last update: 2011.
Table of Contents