MySQL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing MySQL 5.6.28
A tutorial example is provided on how to install MySQL 5.6.28 on a Windows system.
1. Go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.6.html.
2. Click the "Download" button next to "Windows (x86, 32-bit), ZIP Archive 5.6.28 344.5M" in the "Other Downloads:" section. The "Begin Your Download - mysql-5.6.28-win32.zip" page shows up.
3. Click "No thanks, just start my download." to skip login and start the download.
4. Save the downloaded file, mysql-5.6.28-win32.zip, on your hard disk in \temp folder.
5. Unzip mysql-5.6.28-win32.zip to "\temp" and move "\temp\mysql-5.7.10-win32" to "\mysql".
6. Open a command window and run "\local\mysql\bin\mysqld" to start MySQL server:
C:\herong>\mysql\bin\mysqld --console 12:43:39 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details). 12:43:39 0 [Note] \mysql\bin\mysqld (mysqld 5.6.28) starting as process 8092 ... 8092 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled. 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Using atomics to ref count buffer pool pages 8092 [Note] InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use Windows interlocked functions 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Memory barrier is not used 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Not using CPU crc32 instructions 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Highest supported file format is Barracuda. 8092 [Note] InnoDB: 128 rollback segment(s) are active. 8092 [Note] InnoDB: Waiting for purge to start 8092 [Note] InnoDB: 5.6.28 started; log sequence number 1629848 8092 [Note] Server hostname (bind-address): '*'; port: 3306 8092 [Note] IPv6 is available. 8092 [Note] - '::' resolves to '::'; 8092 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '::'. 8092 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events 8092 [Note] \local\mysql-5.6\bin\mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '5.6.28' socket: '' port: 3306 MySQL Community Server (GPL)
7. Open another command window and run "\mysql\bin\mysqladmin" to administrate MySQL server:
\mysql\bin\mysqladmin ping mysqld is alive \mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root shutdown
If you see the MySQL server printing notice and shutting down in the first command window, you know that you have installed MySQL 5.6 correctly.
Table of Contents