MySQL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing MySQL 4.0.18
A tutorial example is provided on how to install MySQL 4.0.18 on a Windows system.
1. Go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads and select the latest production release.
2. Go to "Windows downloads" and select "Without installer (unzip in C:\)" entry.
3. Save the downloaded file, mysql-4.0.18-win-noinstall.zip, on your hard disk.
4. Unzip mysql-4.0.18-win-noinstall.zip to "\" and rename "\mysql-4.0.18" to "\mysql".
5. Open a command window and run "\mysql\bin\mysqld" to start MySQL server:
\mysql\bin\mysqld --console nnnnnn 22:16:53 InnoDB: Started \mysql\bin\mysqld: ready for connections. Version: '4.0.18-max-debug' socket: '' port: 3306
6. Open another command window and run "\mysql\bin\mysqladmin" to administrate MySQL server:
\mysql\bin\mysqladmin ping mysqld is alive \mysql\bin\mysqladmin shutdown
If everything works correctly, you should see MySQL server printing notice and shutting down in the first command window.
Table of Contents