Ethereum Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 1.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Generate Hash to Mine Ether at ethereumfaucet.info
This section describes how to generate hash to mine Ether with ethereumfaucet.info.
After registering my Ethereum account at ethereumfaucet.info, I can go back and try their Ethereum Mining Console now:
1. Go to ethereumfaucet.info Website.
2. Enter my Ethereum account address, 0xef6Ea9F8Bd78ac42Fb2617ba90846D5785BB320c, in the address input box.
3. Click "I'm not a robot" to finish the CAPTCHA challenges. And click "Continue". I see the confirmation message: "You have claimed 1500gwei!"
4. Scroll down to find the MINING CONSOLE.
5. Click "START MINING" on the MINING CONSOLE. I see my browser starts to generate hashes.
6. Watch the hash generation statistics:
HASHES/S: 17.7 - Hashrate, number of hashes per second. TOTAL: 2533 - Number of hashes generates this session. THREADS: 4 - Number of threads used by miner. Can be changed. HASH BALANCE: 29696 - Total hashes generated PAYOUT RATE: 9320 gwei/1 million hashes
Good. I am contributing my computer resource to the Ethereum network through ethereumfaucet.info. And hopefully, I will get rewarded with some Ethers!
Last update: 2018.
Table of Contents