Neural Network Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - 1.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Python Environment on macOS
This section provides a tutorial example on how to verify Python 3 environment on macOS computers and install it if missing. Python 3 has more public libraries available for building neural network models.
For those who are using macOS computers to build neural network models in Python language, you can follow this tutorial to verify your Python environment.
1. Try to run some "python" commands given below in a terminal window to see if Python is pre-installed on the system and what is the Python version:
herong$ python --version Python 2.7.10 herong$ python3 --version -bash: python3: command not found
If you are getting the above output, you should continue with this tutorial to install Python 3, which has more public libraries available for building neural network models.
2. Go to Python download Website at https://www.python.org/downloads/.
3. Click "Download Python 3.8.0" button. And save the download file, python-3.8.0-macosx10.9.pkg, to your Downloads directory.
4. Double-click on the download file "python-3.8.0-macosx10.9.pkg" And follow the given installation instructions to finish the installation.
5. Verify Python 3 installation by running "python" commands again:
herong$ python --version Python 2.7.10 herong$ python3 --version Python 3.8.0
Excellent! You have Python 3 environment ready on your macOS computer now. Remember to use "python3", instead of "python", command to run your code in Python 3 environment.
Table of Contents