Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Setting Windows Explorer Context Menu
This section provides a tutorial example on how to set up Windows Explorer context menu for WinZip.
WinZip can be configured with a number of options in the Windows Explorer context menu. There menu options provide you short cuts to different WinRAR functions. Let's setup some of them and do some tests.
1. Run WinZIP and select menu Options > Configuration. The configuration dialog box shows up.
2. Click the Explorer Enhancements tab and make the following context menu commands checked:
3. Click the OK button and exit WinZip.
4. Run Start > Accessories > Windows Explorer.
5. Locate a directory name that you want to compress into a ZIP file.
6. Right mouse click on the directory name. The context menu shows up. You should see "WinZip" is listed there as a submenu entry.
7. Select context menu WinZip > Add to <file name>.zip. The selected directory will be compressed into a ZIP file. The new ZIP file will be located in the current directory.
8. Delete the compressed directory and keep the ZIP file.
9. Locate the newly created ZIP file and select context menu WinZip > Extract to here. The compressed directory will be extract out of the ZIP file.
Table of Contents