Top Features of Windows 7
This section presents some top features and a screen shot of the desktop of Microsoft Windows 7.
Microsoft Windows 7 operating system was released in 2009 with these top features mentioned on Microsoft Website:
- HomeGroup - Takes the headache out of sharing files and printers on a home network.
- Jump Lists - Speedy access to your favorite pictures, songs, websites, and documents.
- Snap - A quick way to resize and compare windows on your desktop.
- Windows Essentials - A suite of great programs in one free download.
- Windows Search - Find virtually anything on your PC, instantly.
- Windows Taskbar - Better thumbnail previews, easier-to-see icons, and more ways to customize.
- Full 64-bit support - Windows 7 makes the most of powerful 64-bit PCs.
- More personal - Redecorate your desktop with fun new themes, slide shows, or handy gadgets.
- Performance improvements - Faster sleep and resume, less memory needs, quicker USB device detection.
- Play To - Play your media on other PCs, stereos, or TVs around the house.
- Remote Media Streaming - Enjoy music and video on your home PC—even when you're not at home.
- Windows Touch - If you have a touchscreen, you won't always need a keyboard or mouse.
Here is a screen shot of a Windows 7 desktop with the start menu open:
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents
About This Book
►Introduction to Microsoft Windows
What Is Microsoft Windows?
►Top Features of Windows 7
End User Components of Microsoft Windows
Introduction to Windows Explorer
Introduction to Internet Explorer
"Paint" Program and Computer Graphics
GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program
JPEG Image File Format Quality and Size
GIF Image File Format and Transparent Background
"WinZip" - ZIP File Compression Tool
"WinRAR" - RAR and ZIP File Compression Tool
FTP Server, Client and Commands
"FileZilla" - Free FTP Client and Server
Web Server Log Files and Analysis Tool - "Analog"
Spyware Adware Detection and Removal
IE Addon Program Listing and Removal
Vundo (VirtuMonde/VirtuMundo) - vtsts.dll Removal
Trojan and Malware "Puper" Description and Removal
VSToolbar (VSAdd-in.dll) - Description and Removal
Spybot - Spyware Blocker, Detection and Removal
Setting Up and Using Crossover Cable Network
Home Network Gateway - DSL Modem/Wireless Router
Windows Task Manager - The System Performance Tool
"tasklist" Command Line Tool to List Process Information
"msconfig" - System Configuration Tool
Configuring and Managing System Services
Windows Registry Key and Value Management Tools
Startup Programs Removal for Better System Performance
Winsock - Windows Sockets API
Java on Windows
Glossary of Terms
PDF Printing Version