Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
ActiveX Filtering - Controlling ActiveX on Adobe Flash
This section provides a tutorial example on how to enable the ActiveX Filtering function in Internet Explorer 10 to stop Adobe Flash Plug-in.
To test out how ActiveX Filtering works, I tried the Microsoft ActiveX Filtering testing page at: http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/browser/activexfiltering/
1. Turn off ActiveX Filtering by clicking Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering until it's unchecked.
2. Go to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/browser/activexfiltering/
3. Review the first ad banner. It is running an ActiveX control called Adobe Flash Plug-in, which plays multimedia animation.
4. Now turn on ActiveX Filtering by clicking Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering until it's checked.
5. Reload the page again by pressing Ctrl-R.
6. Review the first ad banner again. ActiveX control, Adobe Flash Plug-in, is not running any more. A GIF static image is displayed in the banner.
See the comparison of ActiveX Filtering on and off results:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents