Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing GIMP 2.6.3
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install GIMP 2.6.3 on a Windows system.
GIMP seems to be a nice image editor tool. I want to install and try it on my Windows system:
1. Go to GIMP download page at: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/.
2. Click the link of "Download GIMP 2.6.3 – Installer for Windows 2000 and above".
3. Save the download file to \downloads\gimp-2.6.3-i686-setup.exe. The file size should be 15,769,744 bytes.
4. Double click on the download file gimp-2.6.3-i686-setup.exe to start the installation wizard as shown below:
5. Click Next and take default answers for all installation questions to finish the installation process.
Last update: 2008.
Table of Contents