Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Files from an Anonymous FTP Server
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download a file from an anonymous FTP server with FileZilla.
Once a connect site is create, let's use it to make a FTP connection to the site and start to download files.
1. Double click on c:\local\FileZilla-3.1.5\filezilla.exe. You will the FileZilla main window.
2. Click menu File > Site Manager. The Site Manager dialog box shows up.
3. Select NETLIB in the My Sites list.
4. Click the Connect button. The password dialog box shows up.
5. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the password. FileZilla will connect to the FTP server and display its files and folders on the right hand side of the window.
6. Double click the folder "gnu" > "gzip". The list of files of /gnu/gzip folder shows up.
7. Drag and drop "win32.executable" to the c:\temp folder of the local site on the left hand side of the window. FileZilla starts to download this file from FTP site.
8. When the download process is done, verify the downloaded file: c:\tem\win32.executable.
Table of Contents