Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.61, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing FileZilla 3.1.5
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install the free FTP client program, FileZilla 3.1.5 on a Windows system.
On a Windows system, you can always use the command-line FTP program provides by Windows to transfer files as described in another chapter in this book.
But if you need to use FTP services to transfer files regularly, you should download and install FileZilla. It is much easier to use than the command-line FTP program. Here is what I did to download and install FileZilla 3.1.5:
1. Go to FileZilla home page: http://filezilla-project.org/
2. Click the "Download FileZilla Client" button. The "FileZilla Client Download" page shows up.
3. Click the "FileZilla_3.1.5_win32.zip" link. The browser file download dialog box shows up.
4. Save the download file: FileZilla_3.1.5_win32.zip to your local hard drive in a folder like c:\download\. The file size should be: 5,402,414 bytes.
5. Unzip the downloaded file: "c:\download\FileZilla_3.1.5_win32.zip". You will see the content of FileZilla stored in the folder: c:\download\FileZilla-3.1.5.
6. Move this folder to the final place like: c:\local\FileZilla-3.1.5.
7. Double click on c:\local\FileZilla-3.1.5\filezilla.exe. You will the FileZilla main window.
8. Click menu Help > About. You will the help dialog box as shown below:
Table of Contents