SOAP Web Service Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Generating Username Token with SoapUI
This section provides a tutorial example on how to generate Username token and insert it into SOAP request header by adding outgoing WS-Security configuration entry to request message in SoapUI.
With the "Username" configuration created, we can continue to generate a SOAP request message that contains a username security token with SoapUI.
1. Right-click on "Hello" and select "New Request". The request screen is displayed with a new SOAP test request message.
2. Click on "Auth" below the request message area on the request screen, The authorization area is displayed.
3. Select "Add a New Authorization". Then select "Basic" as the "Type". Basic authorization fields are displayed.
4. Set "Outgoing WSS" to "Username", which represents the "Username" WS-Security configuration created in the previous tutorial.
5. Click on "Submit request ..." icon in the icon bar on the request screen. The response message will be displayed.
6. Click on the "Raw" vertical tab. You should see "wsse:Security" SOAP header element is added to the request message automatically. See next tutorial for the request message XML.
The picture below shows you the "Authorization" area
of the request screen where "Outgoing WSS" is set to the "Username" WS-Security configuration.
Last update: 2014.
Table of Contents