WSDL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Validating and Inspecting WSDL 1.1 Documents
This section provides a tutorial example on validating and inspecting a WSDL 1.1 document using SoapUI
One important function of SoapUI is to validate and inspect WSDL documents. Here is what I did to validate and inspect my first WSDL document, Hello_WSDL_11_SOAP.wsdl.
1. Run SoapUI and click "File" > "New SOAP Project"
2. On the dialog box, enter these values:
Project Name: helloProject Initial WSDL: \herong\Hello_WSDL_11_SOAP.wsdl Create Requests: unchecked Create TestSuite: unchecked Relative Paths: unchecked
3. Click OK. SoapUI will validate and import the specified WSDL document.
4. When importing is done, "helloProject" is created and displayed on the left of the windows. There should be no importing error, because Hello_WSDL_11_SOAP.wsdl is valid WSDL document.
5. Click on "helloBinding" inside "helloProject", binding properties show up. "SOAP Version: SOAP 1.1" in the properties list confirms that I am using the SOAP 1.1 binding.
6. Click on "Hello" inside "helloBinding", operation properties show up:
SOAPAction: http://www.herongyang.com/Service/Hello Operation: Hello Style: Document Type: Request-Response Input: helloInput Output: helloOutput Sends Attachments: false Receives Attachments: false
Very nice. My Hello_WSDL_11_SOAP.wsdl has been validated and imported correctly. SoapUI allows you to inspect binding properties and operation properties.
Last update: 2018.
Table of Contents