Submitting Request to MockService
This section provides a tutorial example on how to submit a test request to the mock service. Requests and responses can be viewed on both sides: client side and server side.
Now let's to submit a test request to the MockService.
1. Continue from the previous tutorial.
2. Right click on "Hello" under "helloBinding" binding in the project
object tree and select "New Request". A small dialog box shows up.
3. Enter "Hello_Mock_Request" as the request name and click OK.
A new request will be created in the request editor.
4. Enter "Hello again." in the HelloRequest element.
5. Click the endpoint dropdown list below the title bar and select
"Add new endpoint...". A small dialog box shows up.
6. Enter "http://localhost:8080" and click OK.
The mock response received from the mock service will be displayed.
Excellent. I have two bindings working together now:
- "helloBinding" - Representing the client side to send a request to the mock service
and receive response from the mock service.
- "helloBinding MockService" - Representing the server side to receive a request
from a client and send the mock response to the client.
SoapUI allows you to view both client and server sides of the mock service as shown below:
Last update: 2018.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to WSDL 2.0
WSDL 2.0 Document Structure and Syntax
WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts
WSDL 2.0 Document Examples with SOAP Binding
Using WSDL Document in Java Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL
Apache Woden for WSDL Documents in Java
SoapUI - Web Service Testing Tool
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL
Introduction to WSDL 1.1
WSDL 1.1 Document Structure and Syntax
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.1
►SoapUI as WSDL 1.1 Testing Tool
Validating and Inspecting WSDL 1.1 Documents
Using Interface Viewer on Bindings
Generating HTML Documentations On Bindings
Generating SOAP Requests on Operations
Submit SOAP Requests to the Server
MockService - Web Service Simulator
►Submitting Request to MockService
Loading Incorrect WSDL Documents
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL 1.1
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL 1.1
Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL 1.1
Using WSDL2Java to Generate Web Service Stub Classes
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.2
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
SOAP 1.2 Binding - PHP, Java and Perl Clients
WSDL Related Terminologies
Full Version in PDF/EPUB