About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - VBScript Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Website URL: http://www.herongyang.com/VBScript
Title: VBScript Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang
Version/Edition: Version 6.00, 2019
Number of pages: 194
This VBScript tutorial book is a collection of notes and code examples written
by the author while he was learning VBScript (Visual Basic Scripting Edition) himself.
The Variant Data Type with Subtypes;
Fixed-Size and Dynamic-Size Arrays;
Function Arguments Passed by References and by Values;
Raising and Catching Runtime Errors;
Regular Expression and Pattern Match;
Runtime DLL Library: Dictionary, File System, and File I/O;
Defining Classes with Properties and Default Method;
Object Initializing and Terminating Processes;
Client-Side Scripting: VBScript Code for IE Browser;
Server-Side Scripting: VBScript code for IIS Server;
System Admin Scripting: Windows Script Host (WSH).
VBScript, Visual Basic, Script, Variant, Array, Function, Error Handling, Regular Expression,
Dictionary, File System, Class, Object, IE Browser, IIS Server, WSH, Windows Script Host.
- 1,834,155 times as of December 2018.
- 1,751,492 times as of December 2017.
- 1,662,552 times as of December 2016.
- 1,529,109 times as of December 2015.
- 1,381,268 times as of December 2014.
- 1,212,683 times as of December 2013.
- 1,053,359 times as of December 2012.
- 852,801 times as of December 2011.
- 607,275 times as of December 2010.
- 575,191 times as of December 2009.
- 338,550 times as of December 2008.
- Version 6.00, 2019. Revised and reformatted in ePub format.
- Version 5.00, 2008. Revised and reformatted in hyPub format.
- Version 4.00, 2003. Revised and reformatted in XHTML and PDF formats.
- Version 3.00, 2002. Updated with VBScript 5.0.
- Version 2.00, 1999. Updated with VBScript 2.0.
- Version 1.00, 1998. First edition.
- This book is under Copyright © 1998-2019 by Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- Code examples are provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Introduction of VBScript - Visual Basic Scripting Edition
Variant Data Type, Subtypes, and Literals
Numeric Comparison Operations and Logical Operations
String Operations - Concatenation and Comparison
Variable Declaration and Assignment Statement
Expression and Order of Operation Precedence
Statement Syntax and Statement Types
Array Data Type and Related Statements
Array References and Array Assignment Statements
Conditional Statements - "If ... Then" and "Select Case"
Loop Statements - "For", "While", and "Do"
"Function" and "Sub" Procedures
Inspecting Variables Received in Procedures
Error Handling Flag and the "Err" Object
Regular Expression Pattern Match and Replacement
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL Library
Creating Your Own Classes
IE Web Browser Supporting VBScript
IIS ASP Server Supporting VBScript
WSH (Windows Script Host)
Full Version in PDF/EPUB