Regular Expression Pattern Match and Replacement
This chapter provides tutorial examples and notes on regular expression support in VBScript. Topics include 'RegExp' class and objects, setting up regular expressions and match option flags, applying a pattern for matches and replacements, checking MatchCollection and SubMatches collection objects, example of regular expression pattern match and replacement.
"RegExp" Class and Object for Regular Expression Support
"MatchCollection" and "SubMatches" Collection Objects
"Set oRegExp = New RegExp" - Creating RegExp Objects
Example of Regular Expression Match and Replacement
- "RegExp" is a built-in class to support regular express pattern match and replacement.
- "Set oRegExp = New RegExp" creates a new "RegExp" object.
- "oRegExp.Pattern" contains the regular expression pattern.
- "oRegExp.Global" flags that multiple matches should to be performed.
- "oRegExp.IgnoreCase" flags that cases should be ignored when matching characters.
- "oRegExp.Test()" returns True if any matches found.
- "oRegExp.Replace()" returns a copy of the string with matches replaced.
- "oRegExp.Execute()" returns a MatchCollection collection of "Match" objects.
- A "Match" object contains the length, position, and string of a specific match.
- A "Match" object also contains a SubMatches collection of sub match strings.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of VBScript - Visual Basic Scripting Edition
Variant Data Type, Subtypes, and Literals
Numeric Comparison Operations and Logical Operations
String Operations - Concatenation and Comparison
Variable Declaration and Assignment Statement
Expression and Order of Operation Precedence
Statement Syntax and Statement Types
Array Data Type and Related Statements
Array References and Array Assignment Statements
Conditional Statements - "If ... Then" and "Select Case"
Loop Statements - "For", "While", and "Do"
"Function" and "Sub" Procedures
Inspecting Variables Received in Procedures
Error Handling Flag and the "Err" Object
►Regular Expression Pattern Match and Replacement
scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL Library
Creating Your Own Classes
IE Web Browser Supporting VBScript
IIS ASP Server Supporting VBScript
WSH (Windows Script Host)
Full Version in PDF/EPUB