UML Use Case Diagram and Notations
This chapter provides tutorial notes and examples on UML use case diagram and notations. Topics include introduction to UML use case diagram; graphical notations to describe use case, actor, association, extend, include, etc.
What Is a Use Case Diagram?
Use Case Diagram - Use Case Notation
Use Case Diagram - Actor Notation
Use Case Diagram - Association Notation
Use Case Diagram - Extend Notation
Use Case Diagram - Include Notation
- A UML Use Case Diagram is a diagram that describes usage behaviors of a system from an outside user's point of view.
Those usage behaviors are organized into units of use cases.
- Use Case Notation is used to describe
a set of activities performed by actors on an object. When it is completed, a use case will yield a result
that can be observed.
- Actor Notation is used to describe
a graphical notation used in a UML Use Case Diagram to represent
a role played by a user or any other object that are involved with the use case.
- Association Notation is used to describe a relation between an actor and a use case where the actor is involved in the use case in someway.
- Extend Notation is used to describe an extension relation between two use cases where one acts as the base use case and the other acts as an add-on use case.
- Include Notation is used to describe an include relation between two use cases where one acts as the parent use case and the other acts as a child use case.
Table of Contents
About This UML Tutorial Book
Introduction of UML (Unified Model Language)
UML Class Diagram and Notations
UML Activity Diagram and Notations
UML Sequence Diagram and Notations
UML State Machine Diagram and Notations
►UML Use Case Diagram and Notations
MS Visio 2010 - UML Drawing Tool
PDF Printing Version