Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - 6.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading Apache HTTP Server 2.2.25 for Windows
This section describes how to download Apache (HTTP Server) 2.2.25 binary distribution for Windows systems.
In order to serve Perl scripts as Web pages, you need to have a Web server running and integrated with the Perl engine. The most popular Web server today is Apache (HTTP Server). Here is what you should do to download Apache 2.2.25 binary distribution for Windows:
1. If you have an older version of Apache (HTTP Server) running on your computer, uninstall it first.
2. Go to Apache HTTP Server Web site.
3. Go to the "Apache 2.2.* Released" section and click the "Download" link. You will see "Downloading the Apache HTTP Server" page. Do not go to the "Apache httpd 2.4.* Released" section, because there is no Windows binary distributions available yet.
4. Go to the "Apache HTTP Server 2.2.* (httpd)" section and click "Binaries". You will see the download folder of a download mirror site.
5. Open "win32/" and click "httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi" from the list to start download.
6. Save the downloaded file, httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi, 5,754,604 bytes, in a temporary directory.
See the next section on how to install Apache Windows version.
Table of Contents