PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Exporting Root Certificate to File from Chrome 40
This section provides a tutorial example on how to export a trusted root CA certificate pre-installed in Chrome 40 into a certificate file in Base-64 encoded X.509 format.
In previous tutorial, we learned how to access certificates pre-installed in Chrome. Now let's see if we can export a certificate out of Chrome.
1. Repeat steps listed in the previous tutorial until you see the Certificate Manager dialog box.
2. Go to the "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities" tab and select "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5".
3. Click "Export..." button. The Certificate Export Wizard dialog box shows up.
4. Click "Next" and select "Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER)" format.
5. Click "Next" and enter a file name: \temp\VeriSign_Root_CA.cer.
6. Click the "Next" button, then "Finish" button. The selected certificate will be exported into the specified file.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents