Network Connection on CentOS
Provides introductions and tutorial on network configuration and firewall on CentOS systems. Topics include introduction of Ethernet connection with auto DHCP configuration; 'ifconfig' to view current network configuration; 'firewalld' daemon and 'firewall-cmd' CLI as firewall frontend tools; 'nftables' daemon and 'nft' CLI as firewall backend tools; 'nmap' as network scanner; 'netstat' as network activity monitor.
Setup Ethernet Connection on CentOS
Network Firewall Tools on CentOS
"firewalld" and "firewall-cmd" on CentOS
"nftables" and "nft" on CentOS
"iptables" Command on CentOS
"nmap" - Network Mapper on CentOS
Monitor Network Services on CentOS
- Ethernet connection setting can be automatically done with
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) service from the local network
on CentOS systems.
- "ifconfig" command can be used to view the current network configuration
on all network interfaces on CentOS systems.
- "firewalld" daemon and "firewall-cmd" CLI (Command Line Interface)
are the frontend tools to manage network firewall on CentOS systems.
- "nftables" daemon and "nft" CLI (Command Line Interface) are the
backend tools to manage network firewall on CentOS systems.
- "iptables" command is replaced by "nftables" daemon and "nft" CLI
on CentOS 8 systems.
- "nmap (Network Mapper)” is a network exploration tool and security scanner.
- "netstat (Network Status)” is a network activity monitor tool.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Cockpit - Web Portal for Administrator
Files and Directories
Users and Groups
SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux
►Network Connection on CentOS
Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
vsftpd - Very Secure FTP Daemon
Postfix - Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Email Client Tools - Mail User Agents (MUA)
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Conda - Environment and Package Manager
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB