Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Provides introductions and tutorial examples about Software Package Manager on CentOS systems. Topics include introductions of DNF (Dandified YUM) and YUM (Yellowdog Update Modified); installing Java.
What Is DNF
Manage DNF Package Repositories
What Is YUM
What Is RPM
What Is pkgs.org
Install and Manage Java Packages on CentOS
Install and Manage Perl Packages on CentOS
Install "git-core" for GitHub Packages on CentOS
- DNF, also called Dandified YUM, is the next generation of
YUM (Yellowdog Update Modified) software package manager.
- YUM (Yellowdog Update Modified) is a software package manager
for RPM (RedHat Package Manager) based Linux distributions.
- RPM (RedHat Package Manager) is a free and open
packaging system for RedHat and other Linux systems.
- https://pkgs.org is largest Website that provides
download and installation information Linux software packages.
- You can use "dnf search keyword" to search for packages with a given keyword.
- You can use "sudo dnf install package_name" to install a software package.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to Linux Systems
Cockpit - Web Portal for Administrator
Files and Directories
Users and Groups
SELinux - Security-Enhanced Linux
Network Connection on CentOS
►Software Package Manager on CentOS - DNF and YUM
Running Apache Web Server (httpd) on Linux Systems
Running PHP Scripts on Linux Systems
Running MySQL Database Server on Linux Systems
Running Python Scripts on Linux Systems
vsftpd - Very Secure FTP Daemon
Postfix - Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
Dovecot - IMAP and POP3 Server
Email Client Tools - Mail User Agents (MUA)
GCC - C/C++ Compiler
Conda - Environment and Package Manager
Tools and Utilities
Full Version in PDF/EPUB