Java Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 8.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing JDK 1.5
This section describes how to download and install Java SE (JDK) 1.5.0 on a Windows XP system.
1. Go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
2. Click the download button in "JDK 5.0 Update 9" section.
3. Go to the "Windows Platform - J2SE(TM) Development Kit 5.0 Update 9" section, and click "Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language" to download jdk-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-p.exe to a working directory on your hard disk. This file is about 50 MB.
4. Double click on the downloaded file: jdk-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-p.exe in the working directory in the File Explorer.
5. Follow the instruction on the installation window to finish the installation.
6. Open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, your installation is ok:
>c: >cd \Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09\bin >java -version java version "1.5.0_09" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents