JSP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.00, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing GlassFish JSTL 1.2 on Tomcat
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download JSTL 1.2 JAR file developed by the Oracle GalssFish project and install it in the default application on a Tomcat 7 server.
Here is what I did to try the JSTL 1.2 implementation by the Oracle GlassFish project:
1. Go to http://jstl.java.net/ and click the "Download JSTL" icon.
2. Click the "JSTL Implementation" link. The Maven Central Repository page shows up.
3. Click "javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-1.2.1.jar" to download the JAR file.
4. To install the JSTL JAR file to the default application on my Tomcat 7 server, I need to create a "lib" directory under ".\ROOT\WEB-INF\" and copy the JAR file to there:
C:\>mkdir \local\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib C:\>copy javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-1.2.1.jar \local\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib 1 file(s) copied.
5. Restart Tomcat. I think I am ready to use JSTL 1.2 in my Tomcat default application. See next section for the first JSTL test page.
Download javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-api-1.2.1.jar. It is also needed.
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents