JSP Implicit Objects
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on JSP implicit objects. Topics include what are implicit objects; getting JSP execution environment information; retrieve data from the 'request' object; introduction of the 'session' object.
What Are Implicit Objects
Information of JSP Execution Context
Information from "request" Object
Methods Supported by the "session" Object
- 8 implicit objects are supported by the JSP container: page, out, request, response, pageContext, session, application, and config.
- "out" can be used to output dynamic data to be mixed with static data in the JSP page to form the HTTP response.
- "request" can be used to retrieve information from the incoming HTTP request from the Web browser.
- "response" can be used to change behaviors of the HTTP response.
- "session" can be used to share data between multiple requests to form a single process unit.
Table of Contents
About This Book
JSP (JavaServer Pages) Overview
Tomcat 7 Installation on Windows Systems
JSP Scripting Elements
Java Servlet Introduction
►JSP Implicit Objects
Syntax of JSP Pages and JSP Documents
JSP Application Session
Managing Cookies in JSP Pages
JavaBean Objects and "useBean" Action Elements
Managing HTTP Response Header Lines
Non-ASCII Characters Support in JSP Pages
Performance of JSP Pages
EL (Expression Language)
Overview of JSTL (JSP Standard Tag Libraries)
JSTL Core Library
JSP Custom Tags
JSP Java Tag Interface
Custom Tag Attributes
Multiple Tags Working Together
File Upload Test Application
PDF Printing Version