JSP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing JSTL 1.2 API JAR File
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install JSTL 1.2 API JAR file on Tomcat 7 server to support JSTL loop and other tags.
As you can from the previous section, installing just GlassFish JSTL 1.2 implementation JAR file on the Tomcat 7 server is not enough to support all JSTL tags. The JSTL 1.2 API JAR file must also be installed.
1. Go to http://jstl.java.net/ and click the "Download JSTL" icon.
2. Click the "JSTL API" link. The Maven Central Repository page shows up.
3. Click "javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-api-1.2.1.jar" to download the JAR file.
4. To install the API JAR file to the default application on my Tomcat 7 server, I need to copy the JAR file to the .\WEB-INF\lib directory:
C:\>copy javax.servlet.jsp.jstl-api-1.2.1.jar \local\apache-tomcat-7.0.32\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib 1 file(s) copied.
5. Restart Tomcat. All JSTL 1.2 tags should work on my Tomcat default application now. See next section to return to JSTL loop tag example.
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents