Free Web Services - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Creating and Running Script
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create test projects with TestSuite, TestCase and TestSteps in SoapUI.
With the script TestStep created in the previous tutorial, we can now enter some script code and run the TestStep, the TestCase, or the TestSuite.
1. Double click on "HelloWorld" under "MyTestCase". You will see an empty script window open.
2. Enter one statement into the script window:
3. Click the "Run" icon (a small green triangle) below the script window title bar. You will see the TestStep executed successfully with a log message displayed in the output area near the bottom:
Sun Feb 1 19:30:50 GMT 2015:INFO:Hello world!
4. Close the "HelloWorld" window and double click "MyTestCase" You will see the "MyTestCase" window open.
5. Click the "Run" icon. You will see the TestCase executed successfully with a log message displayed in the output area near the bottom:
Step 1 [HelloWorld] OK: took 14 ms.
6. Close the "MyTestCase" window and double click "MyTestSuite" You will see the "MyTestSuite" window open.
7. Click the "Run" icon. You will see the TestSuite executed successfully with a green "FINISHED" bar.
Cool. Now we know how to run a TestStep, a TestCase or a TestSuite in SoapUI.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents