Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing JDK 1.7
This section describes how to download and install Java SE Development Kit 7u3 on a Windows system.
To develop Android applications in Java language, you need to have a copy of JDK (Java Development Kit) installed on your machine. The latest version of JDK is Java SE Development Kit 7u3. Here is what I did to download and install Java SE Development Kit 7u3 on my Windows system.
1. Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/.
2. Click the download button below "JDK" in the "Java SE 7u3" section. You will see a new page with a list of different download files of "Java SE Development Kit 7u3".
3. Click the "Accept License Agreement" option.
4. Locate the line "Windows x86 (32-bit) 84.12 MB" and click on "jdk-7u3-windows-i586.exe" to start download.
5. Save the download file to C:\download\jdk-7u3-windows-i586.exe and wait for the download to finish.
6. Double-click on C:\download\jdk-7u3-windows-i586.exe to start the installation wizard. The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
To verify the installation, open a command window to try the java command. If you are getting the following output, your installation was ok:
C:\herong>"\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03\bin\java.exe" -version java version "1.7.0_03" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_03-b05) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 22.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents