Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing Adobe Reader APK File
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install the Adobe Reader APK file to the Android emulator using the 'adb' tool provided in the SDK package.
This tutorial was based on Android SDK R17 with Android 4.0.3 and left here as a reference.
Let's repeat the process to download and install another APK file of Adobe Reader
1. Run the Android emulator through the AVD Manager and wait for the emulator to be fully booted.
2. Go to http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/adobe-reader and click "Download".
3. Click on "Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk" in the "Download" section and save the downloaded file to C:\download\Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk.
4. Install Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk to the Android emulator using the "adb" tool:
C:\local\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb install \ \download\Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk 216 KB/s (1839413 bytes in 8.278s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk Success
5. Go to Android emulator and click the "Applications" icon. The "Adobe Reader" application is listed in the application list.
6. Click on "Adobe Reader" in the application list to run the application, and click "Agree" on the End User License Agreement. "Adobe Reader" will show up with "herong_book_Android.pdf" listed in the /mnt/sdcard/Download folder.
7. Click "herong_book_Android.pdf" to view the content. My PDF book will be displayed on the Android PDF Viewer:
Cool. "Adobe Reader" is official PDF Viewer. It is definitely better than "Android PDF Viewer" install earlier.
Last update: 2012.
Table of Contents