Publishing with XML - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v4.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
PDF Documents Generation Steps
This section describes the steps required to generate PDF documents from your book source file.
The following steps are needed to generate PDF documents from the book source files:
1. Validating the book source files to make sure they are well formed XML files.
2. Merging multiple book source files into a single source file, if there a single book is stored in multiple source files.
3. Splitting the source file into multiple XML files with one file per chapter and per section.
4. Compiling Web page files to resolve variables and build hyper links.
5. Merging multiple XML files back into a single final XML file.
6. Transforming the final XML file to an XSL-FO document.
7. Formatting the XSL-FO document to a PDF document.
Table of Contents