XSD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.11, by Dr. Herong Yang
Creating and Editing XML Documents
This section describes a tutorial example on how to create and edit an XML document with XMLPad.
As an XML editor, XMLPad can be used to create and edit XML documents. Here are the basic steps of creating and editing an XML document:
1. Run XMLPad, and click menu File > New. XMLPad shows a list of XML document types for you to select, XML Document, XSD Schema, XSL Stylesheet, Document Type Definition, WSDL Document, and RSS 2.0 Document.
2. Double click on the XML Document icon. XMLPad shows the "Create new XML document"
3. Keep the default values on the "Create new XML document" dialog box as is:
DTD definition: Not assigned Root Tag: nobody
4. Click OK. XMLPad will create a new XML document named as "Untitled.xml" with two lines:
<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "utf-8"?> <nobody> </nobody>
5. This is a nice starting point, but not good enough as real XML document. So let's modify this XML document to be a simple HTML document in XML format:
<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "utf-8"?> <html> <body>My first HTML document in XML format.</body> </html>
6. The last step is to click menu File > Save As. And save this XML document as c:\herong\first_html.xml.
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents