Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Enable/Disable Services with "msconfig.exe"
This section describes a tutorial example on how to enable or disable a predefined service with the system configuration tool 'msconfig.exe'.
"msconfig.exe" can also be used to view, enable or disable a system service. Here are the steps to do this:
1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig", and then click OK.
2. Click the Services tab, you will a list of services defined on the system:
3. If you want to disable a service, remove the check sign from the checkbox next to the service name.
4. If you want to enable a service, keep the check sign from the checkbox next to the service name.
5. Click OK to close the "msconfig" window to save the changes.
Table of Contents