Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Saving Images in GIF Format
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create an image with a text and it in GIF format.
Since GIF image file format is another commonly used format to store images, I want to learn how to save images in GIF with GIMP:
1. Click menu File > New to create a new image with a size of 144 x 144 pixels.
2. Select the Text tool from the Toolbox panel. In the "Text" options area, change the font to "Sans Bold" of 28 px and change the color to orange.
3. Click on the image. The "GIMP Text Editor" dialog box shows up. Enter the text of "PEACE" and click Close.
4. Use the mouse to adjust the position of the text on the image.
5. Click menu File > Save As. The "Save Image" dialog box shows up.
6. Enter Name: GIMP_Peace.gif. Open the "Select File Type" list near the bottom of the dialog box and select the "GIF image" option.
7. Click Save on the "Save Image" dialog box and finish saving the image in GIF format.
Last update: 2008.
Table of Contents