SOAP Web Service Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing ActivePerl Latest Version on Windows
This section provides a tutorial example on installing ActivePerl latest version on a Windows system..
Before doing any SOAP tests with Perl, I want to upgrade my Perl installation to the latest version ActivePerl on my Windows system.
1. Rename the current Perl directory from C:\Perl to C:\Perl_bck
2. Go to ActivePerl Website at http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/.
3. Click "Download Now" button. I see the download page.
4. Click "Windows Installer (EXE)" link next to 22.214.171.12401 version, to start the download. ActivePerl-126.96.36.19901-MSWin32-x64-404865
5. Double click on the downloaded file: ActivePerl-188.8.131.5201-MSWin32-x64-404865.exe, and follow the installation tool to install ActivePerl to your system at \Perl64.
6. Open a command window, and type in "perl -v". If you see the following output, your installation is ok.
C:\herong>perl -v This is perl 5, version 26, subversion 1 (v5.26.1) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) Copyright 1987-2017, Larry Wall Binary build 2601  provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com Built Dec 11 2017 12:23:25 ...
7. Check the "path" environment variable to find the Perl home directory, C:\Perl64:
C:\herong>echo %path% C:\Perl64\site\bin;C:\Perl64\bin;...
Last update: 2018.
Table of Contents