Overview of WSDL 1.1 Document Structure
This section describes the high level structure of a WSDL 1.1 document, an XML document with 'definitions' as the root element, and 'types', 'message', 'portType', 'binding', 'service' as top level elements.
As we learned earlier, WSDL 1.1 uses 7 layers of components to define a Web service: Types, Message,
Operation, Port Type, Binding, Port, and Service.
These 7 layers of WSDL 1.1 components are written in an XML document following these rules:
- "definitions" is the root element.
- "types" is top level element served as a container representing the Types component.
- "message" is top level element served as a definition representing a Message component.
- "portType" is top level element served as a definition representing the Port Type component,
which contains a group of Operation components.
- "binding" is top level element served as a definition representing the Binding component.
- "service" is top level element served as a definition representing the Service component,
which contains a group of Port components.
The structure of a WSDL 1.1 XML document can be illustrated as:
Last update: 2007.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to WSDL 2.0
WSDL 2.0 Document Structure and Syntax
WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts
WSDL 2.0 Document Examples with SOAP Binding
WSDL 20 Programming APIs and Testing Tools
Introduction to WSDL 1.1
►WSDL 1.1 Document Structure and Syntax
►Overview of WSDL 1.1 Document Structure
"definitions" - The Root Element
"types" - The Container Element for Data Types
"message" - Message Type Definition Element
"portType" - Port Type Definition Element
"binding" - Binding Definition Element
"service" - Service Definition Element
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.1
soapUI 3.0.1 - Web Service Testing Tool
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
PHP SOAP Extension in PHP 5.3.1
Using WSDL in Perl with SOAP::Lite 0.710
Using WSDL Document in Java with Axis2 1.4.1
Using WSDL2Java to Generate Web Service Stub Classes
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.2
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
SOAP 1.2 Binding - PHP, Java and Perl Clients
WSDL Related Terminologies
PDF Printing Version