WSDL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.10, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Downloading and Installing PHP 5.3.1
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install PHP 5.3.1 on a Windows system.
Here is what I did to download and install PHP 5.3.1:
1. Go to http://windows.php.net/download/.
2. Click the "Zip" link in the "VC6 x86 Thread Safe" section. The download process starts.
3. Save the downloaded file to \local\php-5.3.1-Win32-VC6-x86.zip.
4. Unzip php-5.3.1-Win32-VC6-x86.zip to \local\php\ directory.
5. Open a command window, and try the following commands
C:\herong>\local\php\php -v PHP 5.3.1 (cli) (built: Nov 19 2009 10:17:43) Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies C:\herong>\local\php\php-cgi -v PHP 5.3.1 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Nov 19 2009 10:17:41) Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
Cool, both Command Line Interface (CLI) and Common Gateway Interface (CGI) of PHP are working!
Last update: 2009.
Table of Contents