Downloading and Installing JDK 12
This section describes how to download and install JDK 12 on a Windows system.
The current version of JDK is JDK 12, which is also called Java SE (Standard Edition) 12
Here is what I did to download and install JDK 12 on my Windows machine.
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL:
- Click the download button next to "Java Platform (JDK) 12".
You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 12.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Click the hyper link of "jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe",
next to "Windows 158.49 MB".
- Save jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
The picture below shows you how the JDK 12 Installation Screen looks like:
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command.
If you are getting the following output, your installation is good:
java version "12.0.1" 2019-04-16
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 12.0.1+12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 12.0.1+12, mixed mode, sharing)
Table of Contents
About This Book
►JDK (Java Development Kit)
What Is JDK
►Downloading and Installing JDK 12
Writing My First Java Program
Adding JDK "bin" Directory to Path Setting
JDK Documentation Installation
Introduction of Java Swing Package
Graphics Environment of the Local System
JFrame - Main Frame Class
JLabel - Swing Label Class
JButton - Swing Button Class
JCheckBox - Swing Check Box Class
JRadioButton - Swing Radio Button Class
JTextField - Swing Text Field Class
JComboBox - Swing Combo Box Class
Menu Bar, Menus, Menu Items and Listeners
Creating Internal Frames inside the Main Frame
Layout of Components in a Container
LookAndFeel and UIManager
Option Dialog Boxes
JEditorPane - The Editor Pane Class
SwingWorker - The Background Task Worker
AWT (Abstract Windows Toolkit)
Integration with Desktop System
Full Version in PDF/EPUB