Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.32, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing RPC::XML Module
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install the Perl module, RPC::XML 0.57, on Windows, downloaded from blackperl.com.
With NMake installed, now I am ready to install RPC::XML. Here is what I did:
1. Go to http://www.blackperl.com/RPC::XML/ to read the introduction of RPC::XML.
2. Download RPC-XML-0.57.tar.gz from http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=RPC-XML.
3. Extract RPC-XML-0.57.tar.gz with WinZIP 8.1 to \RPC-XML-0.57.
4. Now use NMake to install RPC::XML in a command window as shown below:
>cd \RPC-XML-0.57 >perl Makefile.PL ...... Writing Makefile for RPC::XML >nmake test ...... t\30_method.........ok t\40_server.........ok >nmake install ...... Writing \Perl\site\lib\auto\RPC\XML\.packlist Appending installation info to \Perl\lib/perllocal.pod
5. Now run the following command in a command window to test the installation. If you don't see any error messages, RPC::XML module is installed correctly.
>perl -e "use RPC::XML;"
Please do not delete the .tar file after installation. It contains some very interesting files. There are many testing programs in the "t" directory. All server side default methods are defined in the "methods" directory.
Table of Contents