About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Website: http://www.herongyang.com/Perl -
Provides latest updates and readers' comments.
Title: Perl Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang
Version/Edition: Version 5.40, 2018
Number of pages in PDF format: 231
This Perl tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written by the author while he was learning Perl language himself. Topics include introduction of ActivePerl; data types, variables and expressions; scalars, arrays, hash maps, and references; input/output and file systems; DBM files and MySQL access; socket communication; generating executables; XML::Simple and RPC:XML modules; LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Request and SOAP::Lite modules; CGI, and IIS/Apache integrations.
Perl, Script, Language, Example, Code, Tutorial, Book.
This book has been viewed a total of:
- 1,547,354 times as of December 2017.
- 1,433,821 times as of December 2016.
- 1,307,643 times as of December 2015.
- 1,162,501 times as of December 2014.
- 979,141 times as of December 2013.
- 813,834 times as of December 2012.
- 650,091 times as of December 2011.
- 490,036 times as of December 2010.
- 356,604 times as of December 2009.
- 207,629 times as of December 2008.
- 137,317 times as of December 2007.
- 92,461 times as of December 2006.
- Version 5.40, 2018. Minor updates.
- Version 5.30, 2014. Added tutorials on CGI.pm and LWP::UserAgent.
- Version 5.00, 2005. Added tutorials on XML-RPC.
- Version 4.00, 2002. Added tutorials on SOAP.
- Version 3.00, 1999. Added tutorials on classes.
- Version 2.00, 1996. Added tutorials on DBM files.
- Version 1.00, 1995. First edition.
- This book is under Copyright © 1995-2018 by Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- The example codes is provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Perl on Linux Systems
ActivePerl on Windows Systems
Data Types: Values and Variables
Expressions, Operations and Simple Statements
User Defined Subroutines
Perl Built-in Debugger
Name Spaces and Perl Module Files
Symbolic (or Soft) References
Hard References - Addresses of Memory Objects
Objects (or References) and Classes (or Packages)
Typeglob and Importing Identifiers from Other Packages
String Built-in Functions and Performance
File Handles and Data Input/Output
Open Files in Binary Mode
Open Directories and Read File Names
File System Functions and Operations
Converting Perl Script to Executable Binary
Using DBM Database Files
Using MySQL Database Server
Socket Communication Over the Internet
XML::Simple Module - XML Parser and Generator
XML Communication Model
SOAP::Lite - SOAP Server-Client Communication Module
Perl Programs as IIS Server CGI Scripts
CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
XML-RPC - Remote Procedure Call with XML and HTTP
RPC::XML - Perl Implementation of XML-RPC
Integrating Perl with Apache Web Server
CGI.pm Module for Building Web Pages
LWP::UserAgent and Web Site Testing
Full Version in PDF/EPUB