PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.03, by Dr. Herong Yang
Importing a Root CA Certificate from a File
This section provides a tutorial example on how to import a root CA certificate from a certificate file into a certificate store using the certificates console on a Windows XP system.
If you want import Go Daddy certificate back into the certificate store, you can follow these steps:
1. Click "Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > MyCertificatesConsole.msc". "MyCertificatesConsole" window shows up.
2. Open "Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates" in the Console Root tree.
3. Click "All Tasks > Import..." from the "Action" menu. The Certificate Import Wizard shows up.
4. Click "Next" button and browse for Go Daddy certificate file at \herong\GoDaddy.cer.
5. Click "Next" button and select "Place all certificates in the following store - Certificate store: Trusted Root Certification Authorities" option.
6. Click "Next" button and "Finish" button on the last screen.
The Go Daddy certificate is imported back to the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store now.
Last update: 2011.
Table of Contents